We had a great holiday with all of the family! We went to Chicago Saturday through Monday, and spent time with Randy, Cory, Charlie, Ron, Diane, Rick, Sandy, and Becky (think of anyone you know with the last name Worzala - they were there!) - and we were more than entertained by Charlie all weekend long! That kid has two speeds - asleep and 100mph. His personality is really coming out, and it's an awesome one :) The best Christmas gift we received was learning that Charlie is going to be a big brother in 2008! This was not Charlie's best Christmas gift, though. We also got to meet Carolyn's almost-five-month-old, Sadie, and despite being on the verge of a fever, she was precious!
We got back to Indiana Monday, and had dinner at our house with all of the Doans - my parents, Julie, and Matt. Pregnant lady needs to figure out how much I can eat in one sitting, because I almost exploded afterwards! Christmas day was spent in Frankfort, until Jeff got sick and we headed home mid-afternoon. Another great Christmas gift, I was asked to be in a great friend's wedding - Jenny Shaffer's - next fall. Next fall is wedding season! I have at least three weddings, and I'm in one and am going to Florida for one. What awesome motivation to lose the baby weight!!
Jeff's parents have been visiting since the day after Christmas, so it's nice to spend some down time with them, too. They've been put to work around our house - standard operating procedure any time they come down :) Rumor has it that there is painting going on today; which would be awesome!!
Yet another great Christmas gift, my cousin Megan gave birth to a beautiful baby girl yesterday (December 27), Lily Taylor. Lily weighed in at 7lbs, 9oz, and is precious. She didn't cry the whole time I was visiting (although I'm sure she'll make up for it later!) It was nice to hold a baby that wasn't intent on putting her foot in my right ribcage!
We are very blessed to have such a great family, and to be given the opportunity to spend time with everyone at the holidays, and all year round! BabyW is looking forward to meeting all of these great people!
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful Christmas for your family!!
Thanks for posting a picture of Lily! We can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment