Daddy took Melanie to the doctor this morning for her 2-year checkup. She passed all of the tests with flying colors - he got to answer "yes" to the developmental questions that Dr. Megremis asked. She weighs 22.4 pounds (4%) and measures 33.25 inches (40%). He advised us to keep her on whole milk; I had read to reduce the fat in the milk at 2 years - but since she's still so little, he said to keep her on the whole milk. He agreed that it's TIME (okay, past time!!!) to get her off the bottle. As of last week, she was down to 2/day; over the weekend we did pretty well, and were at ALMOST 48 hours without a bottle until Mommy caved this morning due to Mel's lack of oxygen from screaming.
Some recent funny Melanie-isms in the meantime....
-On Wednesday, we were sitting in the kitchen having a snack before her birthday guests arrived. Julie & Molly came through the front door, and Julie yelled back, asking where the birthday girl was. Just based on Julie's voice alone, Mel screamed "MOLLLLLY!!!!" and ran to the front of the house looking for hugs!
-Sunday morning, she picked up the house phone, pretending like she was talking on it. She was all jibber-jabber, and then suddenly threw her head back, laughing, and said "MOLLY!" I guess her imaginary conversation with Molly was pretty funny!
-Sunday night, she handed me a book, and out of nowhere, yelled "STORYTIME!" While we do a lot of reading, I have never said "Storytime" along with reading - so it's obviously something she learned at daycare. She immediately knew how funny it was to announce this, and was giggling along with me.
-This morning I was up checking my work email to see if I had been able to get out of my morning meeting so I could take her to her appointment. I heard her climb the stairs, walk up and down the hallway asking "Mommy?? Mommy??" - and when she didn't find me, she slid back down the stairs. No fussing, no worries (the computer room had no lights on, and the drapes were still closed; I didn't answer, trying to find out what she would do....)
-The other day Jeff went through the Starbucks drivethrough. Melanie said "Look! Look! Trucks!" Jeff told her she should ask me to get him a truck. She said "No, airplane!" (her new obsession). As they were leaving the drivethrough, she asked for french fries. Apparently we've made a few trips through McD's for french fries for her!
-When she wants you to go somewhere, she motions you with her finger (like "come here") - and says "C'mon Mommy" - or whoever else she is wanting to follow her lead. She will even tell inanimate objects to "c'mon" - like they're going to follow her command on their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment