7.05.2010

Happy Fourth of July!



Melanie and Joey had a great 4th surrounded by their family!  Saturday, they had ALL of their cousins over to play in the backyard.  Charlie, Sammie, Molly and Melanie had a great time with the water table, slide, and baby pool.  Saturday night, Jeff & I split forces - he took Mel to Frankfort and went on to Lafayette to see an old friend, while I took Joey and went to a 3rd of July party at Brandon &; Ali's.  I left early so I could put Melanie to bed - which did not turn out the way I expected.  Apparently sleeping at Gigi Poppy's house is a big novelty, and she didn't go fully to sleep until nearly midnight. 

Sunday morning, my dad &; sister delivered the message at their church, and did a great job.  From there, we all went to Lebanon to see Melanie's first parade.  Well, it was Joey's first parade too, but I doubt he got much from it!  Mel decided the fire trucks had made "enough" noise - she kept telling them to stop.  It was HOT out, so we cut the parade watching a little short, but she still enjoyed it - and the candy she got!  We got to see a lot of family over at Jim &Shirley's (check out the fun bouncy house!), and then we headed to Brenda & Marshall's to see Randy, Cory, Charlie &Sammie.  We watched the fireworks at my parents' house (the kids both slept through them), and then headed back home Monday morning.  I'm sure my parents are enjoying some peace & quiet!

No comments: